The Production Resourcing Manager plays a crucial role in the efficient running of the production department. This role takes an overview of all projects flowing through the department ensuring they are well resourced and that the internal team are supported allowing them to thrive in their roles and deliver excellence for our clients.
Location: Hertford (3 days minimum) & Remote
Team support and resourcing
- With your knowledge of the internal team and our extensive freelance network, you are the ‘go to’ person for arranging, scheduling and troubleshooting resourcing needs, alongside the Head of Production.
- Within your role you will oversee the freelance roster including the booking and scheduling of freelance support roles to lead on projects as well as roles who support / supplement the management of internal workloads.
- Working alongside the Head of Production, support our internal team on the medium to long-term resourcing of projects focusing on:
- Managing incoming and on-going resourcing and scheduling
- Team 121’s and feedback / development
- Alignment with other internal departments
- Oversee dept admin incl holiday requests, timesheets and overtime / TOIL
Resourcing of Freelancers
- Own of the freelance talent pool of production managers including managing the database, expanding the roster, managing relationships, and the guardian of process
- Ensure high performance from all freelance PM’s through clear R&R, good communication and management, overseeing their input and receiving feedback from Smyle internal team
- Overseeing the managing, maintaining and expanding the freelance database including
- networking and meeting new freelancers and regularly canvassing the industry to improve and expand the roster
- manage freelance registration, induction (including induction pack), rate card, crew pack
- capture and understand availability mid to long term
- Work with Production Ops team to raise PO’s
- Lead the on-boarding of freelance Production Managers and own new permanent Production Manager starter inductions throughout 3-month probation, including monthly reviews
- Follow IR35 government regulations ensuring freelancers are set-up and assessed correctly prior to working with us
- Work with our internal IT team to maintain freelance accounts across our internal systems (Procim (finance system), Outlook, Zoom, Monday)
- Taking a medium to long term view of up-coming pitches / projects to ensure internal team are resourced and freelancers are pencilled / booked for all future project management
- Management of Freelance time trackers, tracking forecasted time vs actual time spent
- Reviewing freelance CV’s and interviewing potential candidates
Central resource team
- Understanding and aligning processes with other internal Freelance Bookers / Operations Managers in other departments, ensuring consistent ways of working and communication to the wider agency
- Review of inter-departmental processes ensuring on-going reinforcement and improvement
- Represent the production department in our cross functional operations effort ‘CRT’ (Central Resourcing Team) meetings ensuring company comms are fed into and debriefed out of meetings and escalated where necessary
- Attend weekly operational meetings with HOD’s to go through projects/pitches
- Significant experience within live events / production industries would be beneficial
- Track record of developing processes and implementing new systems in a similar environment
- Excellent understanding of resourcing processes and procedures
- Clear communicator responsive and happy to manage in a fast paced environment
- Resilient, able to multi-task and to deal with a range of people related situations
- Ability to prioritise own workload and workloads of team members
- Management experience
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re an inclusive agency, invested in our people and connected to challenges we face in society across diversity, inclusion, mental health, wellbeing and sustainability. Our teams Collective, Culture Club and Planet Smyle work together to drive improvements across all these areas within the agency.
Ask us about our agile working initiative, FLEX!