We’re looking for a Senior Production Manager - a technical guru who has made their career out of bringing lighting, video, audio and scenery to life in a live events environment. We need you to be the impresario that can look at a venue or space and know just how your team can bring all the elements together into a cohesive experience that nails the creative. And not just physical events, you’ll be just as comfortable using event tech platforms and understanding streaming to run hybrid and digital events. Turning the client’s ideals to reality on time and on budget. You’ll be there at the start, from the pitch, and you’ll still be there when the audience has gone home and it’s time to derig. You’ll help build a team around each event, and manage suppliers, both in negotiating favourable terms as well as maintaining the highest level of quality and safety.
- Be the representative of the Production and Digital Department across a number of our larger accounts, overseeing the whole workflow across projects and delivering as Lead Production Manager on site where appropriate
- Work in a project team at all phases of a project from pitch to delivery as the representative of the Production and Digital Department ensuring that the appropriate level of resource is provided and communicated to the teams
- Attend client brief and project kick off meetings
- Discuss technical requirements of the show including researching the layout of proposed venues and advise on best use of space and technology
- On digital / hybrid projects this will include assessing the scope of the client brief and work with Digital Leads to identify appropriate platforms and how to best implement the required functionality whilst maximising client budgets
- In conjunction with our Digital, Technical and Scenic teams, create functional specifications, equipment lists & diagrams that meet the client’s vision, needs and budget
- Create and manage the Production budget in Procim, to include equipment, sub-hires, transport and crew
- Control all aspects of project management to include: understanding and communicating directly with the client & venue, issuing technical drawings, creating action plans and timelines, regularly briefing the team, managing and communicating schedules, managing health and safety compliance, trucking schedules and detailed content for crew packs
- Work closely with and clearly brief the Technical Warehouse team on all kit requirements and lead regular project meetings with the Technical and Operations teams
- Manage supplier arrangements including negotiation of favourable terms and ensuring all quality and delivery standards are met
- Line manage and develop members of the team
- Manage and oversee all aspects of on-site production including installation and de-rig of equipment, ensuring the highest possible quality standards, are met and delivery runs smoothly and to schedule
- Keep up to date with the latest technical innovations plus our own platform offerings. Support other members of the team in understanding and implementing them
We are passionate about finding new, innovative, inventive thinking and approaches that deliver exciting, fresh ideas and value to both Smyle and our clients. We encourage all our people to bring their imagination and entrepreneurial spirit to Smyle each day, championing this thinking to ensure we do the best, forward thinking, leading work.
- Substantial relevant experience in a similar technical role within the live events industry
- Experience of leading the successful delivery of digital and/or hybrid events utilising industry standard technologies including v-Mix, Quicklink and platforms
- A strong technical aptitude especially for lighting, video, audio and scenery
- The ability to take ownership of a project from start to finish
- Excellent client management skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good problem-solving ability
- The ability to work well under pressure with ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD and Microsoft Office Products
- Experience at a rental company would be an advantage but not a necessity
- Experience of Bizzabo, Pathable, On24, Hopin or similar event platforms is an advantage
- Embrace and champion Smyle’s behaviours - Be Passionate, Be Smart, Be Creative
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re striving to be an agency with purpose; investing in ourselves and our team to play our part to contribute to challenges we face in society across diversity, inclusion, mental health, wellbeing and sustainability.
We’re committed to creating an agency where every voice, every perspective, every great idea can be heard. A place where our people feel like they can truly belong.
We also know our people have busy, varied lives, and so we’re committed to finding ways to create space for our people to be able to do their work in more flexible ways that better suit them. Ask us about our agile working initiative, FLEX!