The purpose of this role is to design 3D environments for live and virtual experiences for both pitches and live projects. Our 3D Designers are true collaborators, working with Senior 3D Designers, Creative Leads, Client Directors, Creative Directors, Producers and Designers to realise their ideas.
- Working with Design & Creative Directors, Leads and Senior Designers, use creativity to solve problems, using the methodology: What is the problem? >> What insight can we draw upon to help solve the problem? >> What is our creative solution? >> Why will the solution work?
- Collaborate with Executive Design Director, Creative Directors, Creative Leads, Senior 3D Designers, Client Directors, Producers, other Departments and Designers, as required.
- Present creative solutions and your thought process clearly and succinctly to internal teams.
- Take ownership of the design output for selected pitches and projects, suggesting appropriate software and workflow solutions to suit the brief and timings; develop space plans, moodboards, sketches, beautifully rendered visuals and walkthrough animations, as agreed with the team.
- Work with Scenic and Production Managers to ensure the proposed design work fits to budget.
- Work across multiple projects, on occasion leading other designers and liaising with other departments and clients, as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with design and industry trends – aspire to set them!
- Mentor and be an ambassadorial role model for other designers.
- All other duties appropriate to the role.
- Experience in a 3D role within a creative agency and a portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional background in design.
- Excellent knowledge of Cinema 4D, Vectorworks and Photoshop are a must along with a willingness to learn and research appropriate new softwares and processes. Any experience using Twinmotion and/or Unreal Engine is a bonus.
- You must be confident in all aspects of the 3D Design process, be able to work under pressure, and maintain a high quality of work whilst working to budgets and deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills are important, and you must be able to demonstrate experience of delivering competitive pitch winning ideas.
- The role requires a creative thinker, who is able to communicate concepts verbally, in writing and through free-hand sketches.
- You must be highly motivated, diligent and ambitious, and take the initiative for pushing creative boundaries.
- Embrace and champion Smyle’s behaviours - Be Passionate, Be Smart, Be Creative
We are passionate about finding new, innovative, inventive thinking and approaches that deliver exciting, fresh ideas and value to both Smyle and our clients. We encourage all our people to bring their imagination and entrepreneurial spirit to Smyle each day, championing this thinking to ensure we do the best, forward thinking, leading work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re striving to be an agency with purpose; investing in ourselves and our team to play our part to contribute to challenges we face in society across diversity, inclusion, mental health, well being and sustainability.
We’re committed to creating an agency where every voice, every perspective, every great idea can be heard. A place where our people feel like they can truly belong.
We also know our people have busy, varied lives, and so we’re committed to finding ways to create space for our people to be able to do their work in more flexible ways that better suit them. Ask us about our agile working initiative, FLEX!