- Working with the Broadcast Manager, act as a point of contact on events requiring the use of our Broadcast facilities both on Smyle’s Hertford premises and on site.
- Attend client briefs and kick off meetings.
- Work with project teams to educate and assist on the use of technology to deliver Hybrid and Virtual events.
- In conjunction with project leads create schematics and documentation to meet the client's vision, needs and budgets both in virtual and live events.
- Have a working technical knowledge of broadcast galleries and vMix operations to lead a team.
- Take a leading role in running and coordinating client briefings and technical check calls, ensuring a smooth speaker process.
- Take an active role in budget management of owned projects, ensuring deliverables are matching the scope of the project.
- Take a proactive role in the technical upkeep and maintenance of the Gallery facilities, including the continuous development of our offering.
- Act operationally as a member of the gallery team if required if staffing constraints dictate.
- In conjunction with the Broadcast Manager, technical teams cultivate, assess and improve a roster of technical supply companies working with internal teams to monitor and improve delivery of 3rd party suppliers.
- Adhere to company Health and Safety policies, feeding back where processes can be refined and improved.
- All other duties that are appropriate to the role.
We are passionate about finding new, innovative, inventive thinking and approaches that deliver exciting, fresh ideas and value to both Smyle and our clients. We encourage all our people to bring their imagination and entrepreneurial spirit to Smyle each day, championing this thinking to ensure we do the best, forward thinking, leading work.
- Proven experience in a similar technical role within the events industry
- Working knowledge of RTMP and SRT streaming and captioning
- Excellent knowledge of vMix and Broadcast technology.
- Knowledge of Yamaha, Dante and Clearcom beneficial but not a necessity
- Good problem solving ability
- Excellent client management skills
- Ability to work in a team and also on your own.
- Embrace and champion Smyle’s behaviours - Be Passionate, Be Smart, Be Creative
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re striving to be an agency with purpose; investing in ourselves and our team to play our part to contribute to challenges we face in society across diversity, inclusion, mental health, well being and sustainability.
We’re committed to creating an agency where every voice, every perspective, every great idea can be heard. A place where our people feel like they can truly belong.
We also know our people have busy, varied lives, and so we’re committed to finding ways to create space for our people to be able to do their work in more flexible ways that better suit them. Ask us about our agile working initiative, FLEX!