The Video Producer will be responsible for their own projects including production of content, managing client relationships, seeking new business opportunities, developing and delivering creative responses to briefs in pitch / tender scenarios and managing all aspects of project delivery to cost, time and quality standards.
- Receive briefs directly from clients and internal teams (both existing client accounts and new business) and translate these into creative, executable plans.
- Overall responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Management of all aspects of content creation including pre-production, on-location production and overseeing post-production in conjunction with the post-production manager.
- Build strong working relationships with other Smyle employees and freelancers and work with them to ensure all aspects of delivery run smoothly and efficiently.
- Create and manage budgets including taking accountability for maximising profit margins.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients and Client Services team ensuring clear communication and satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business from existing clients.
- Own, manage and develop responses to pitches.
- Research and implement new technologies, trends, developments etc to ensure Smyle's offer is at the cutting edge of the market.
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing processes and/or new ways of working smarter/more efficiently.
- Complete all related administrative tasks accurately and on time.
- Actively participate in Smyle’s sustainability initiatives.
- All other duties appropriate to the role
We are passionate about finding new, innovative, inventive thinking and approaches that deliver exciting, fresh ideas and value to both Smyle and our clients. We encourage all our people to bring their imagination and entrepreneurial spirit to Smyle each day, championing this thinking to ensure we do the best, forward thinking, leading work.
- At least 2 years previous corporate, or TV and/or event experience at Video Producer level.
- Previous experience in an agency environment is desirable.
- A sound and broad understanding of all aspects of video production with the ability to brief and manage others effectively in order to produce high quality results is essential.
- Ability to build a narrative and creative solutions to meet the clients’ needs and budget.
- A good technical knowledge of available industry equipment, its uses and limitations in order to ensure high quality and creative content is produced in response to each brief.
- Experience in managing smaller stand-alone animation and motion graphics projects is desirable.
- Experience in working on location and giving on-set instruction and direction to cast and crew.
- Experience of creating and presenting pitch presentations in response to briefs.
- Positive leadership skills, with proven ability to successfully manage direct reports and third-party suppliers.
- Excellent project management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising on quality
- Embrace and champion Smyle’s behaviours - Be Passionate, Be Smart, Be Creative.
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re striving to be an agency with purpose; investing in ourselves and our team to play our part to contribute to challenges we face in society across diversity, inclusion, mental health, well being and sustainability.
We’re committed to creating an agency where every voice, every perspective, every great idea can be heard. A place where our people feel like they can truly belong.
We also know our people have busy, varied lives, and so we’re committed to finding ways to create space for our people to be able to do their work in more flexible ways that better suit them. Ask us about our agile working initiative, FLEX!